Friday, January 1, 2016

Changes-David Bowie


I love teaching!
Government class

This fall, after 17 years of teaching, I began a new chapter in my career as an assistant principal at Bozeman High.  It was a thoughtful and hard decision to leave the classroom.  It has been quite an adjustment, learning all that my new job entails. 

It was a hard decision not to see students in class everyday
When I started my new job, I wanted to create a blog to share all of the things that happen behind the scenes in a comprehensive high school that most people don't really know or think about.  I also wanted to share some of the cool things I was seeing at Bozeman High that other people might not be aware of if they don't have the opportunity to explore the school the way I do.  Additionally, there often seems to be a curtain of animosity and mistrust between administrators and teachers and I hoped by sharing some of the behind the scenes, perhaps I could help tear down that curtain, at least at my school.  I think when we understand more about what life is like for someone else, we are able to empathize and learn together.  To this end, I started my year taking a picture at work everyday.

However, this job has proved so overwhelming, Christmas break has been the first chance I’ve had to sit down and get the blog started.  It was intended as “a day in the life”, and hopefully it will get there second semester.  For now, here’s the first five months in a quick review.

No comments:

Post a Comment