Sunday, June 30, 2013

Out Here On My Own-Irene Cara


Today (Friday) was an exciting day as Tami and I took off on our own adventure, leaving behind the comfort of IREX and TGC.  We have become pretty used to someone telling us when to get picked up and where to be and what we are going to see.  Today the Teachers for Global Classrooms program officially ends and Tami and I are heading down to Rio where we will meet my friend, Liza.  The three of us will have a week in southern Brazil on our own.

Tami and I flew from Salvador to Rio and then met up with Liza in the airport.  Liza and I taught together at Smoky Hill High School in Colorado and she remains one of my closest friends.  It was so fun to see her walking through the Rio airport!  We flew two hours southwest to Foz de Iguazu and arrived Friday night.

Here is Liza with our room key which came on a string.  Liza was the "key master" for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment