Saturday, June 1, 2013

Just Another Day-John Mellencamp

The goal of this blog is to, not only let people in the United States know about my adventures in Brazil, but also inform students and teachers in Brazil what life is like in Montana and the United States.  That being said, I thought I would show a day-in-the-life at school through pictures.
At the start of everyday I load up my dog, Kibo.  He doesn't come into school with me but gets picked up because he can't stay home alone.

Kibo, ready for school.
Sometimes my drive to school is so pretty, I stop and take a picture.  Seriously, not just for the blog :)

Next, I walk in through the back door.
and through the halls to my classroom.
I get settled at my desk,
 then I change the question of the day.  Today's answer: 35 mph

If needed, I update my reading wall.

Then pick up my mail in the main office.

I stop to say hi to my teacher friend, Amy

Then I pick out the song of the day for my classes.
Then classes start!

Students often work on groups.
Many days I check out one of the school computer carts.


I teach three classes of U.S. Government in a row and then have a class period off for planning and grading.

Once a week I have lunch with these guys, Tech Junkies.  We talk about technology and education and how to make schools better.

Most days I eat lunch here in the social studies workroom with other social studies teachers.
After lunch I have one more class, this is their intellectual look.

If I need any copies for class, I make those in this room.  The art is provided by our school art department.

After my classes I often work at my desk, grading papers, entering grades, emailing about department business, etc.







No comments:

Post a Comment