Thursday, June 13, 2013

I'm Not Tired Yet-Classic southern gospel song

I wish the title of today's blog was true, but it's not, I'm exhausted.  We checked out of our hotel in Brasilia at 7:15 this morning and headed to the airport.  It was strange leaving the other TGC teachers as we head off in pairs.  We have only spent the past five days together, but it already feels like I've known them forever.  It is exciting as we head off to our host cities as they are all very diverse and I'm looking forward to hearing about all of the different experiences.

Tami and I flew two hours northeast of Brasilia to our host city, Teresina in the state of Piaui. Our host teacher, Alex, met us at the airport and he could not have been more welcoming.  We had a lovely lunch where he had called ahead to insure I would have some gluten free options.  We rested at our hotel for a short time and then at 5 PM went to his school.  I forget if I've mentioned but schools in Brazil have three sessions, morning (typically around 7:30-12,) afternoon (typically around 12:30-5) and an evening (5:30-10.)  We attended the evening session at Alex's school and visited several English classes and also met with many of the language teachers.  I will have to report more about it tomorrow as I can hardly keep my eyes open and I will also post some pictures.

4 comments:

  1. Do kids attend only one session or are their schedules varied? Is it like that in all of Brazil? Glad you have some GF options, it sounds like Alex has been great about finding some info ahead of time for you. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi An, Kids only attend one session of the three, but teachers will often work multiple, sometimes at up to three different schools. It is like that in most of Brazil except a few private schools have a more American schedule. Miss you too!

      Delete
  2. I don't know this song. . . you should make a playlist of all of the songs from your blog titles.

    ReplyDelete