Sunday, June 9, 2013

Don't Want To Miss a Thing-Aerosmith


In December, I found out I would be traveling to Brazil and since that time I have brainstormed all different kinds of things I would like to see and do.  Generally speaking I am pretty much always up for just about anything in a different country because I love learning and seeing anything new.  However, I did want to set some goals since I will be in Brazil for such a long time period.  Since I will be visiting schools for most of my stay I divided my "to do" list into school and touristy.  Here are my goals for the next three weeks:

Touristy Things To See/Do:
Attend a soccer game at any level (from professional to kids on the street) I just want to learn more about this national passion.
Learn more about the Confederation Cup happening in June.
Watch or learn the samba.
Visit an open market.
Buy Brazilian music or go to a performance.
Learn more about their system of government.
Visit a church.
Try all of the amazing foods and desserts.
Try as many kinds of new fruits as possible.
Have fruit juices.
Try caipirinha, brigadero and pão de queijo.
Attend any kind of cultural event-they have some celebrations in June.
Visit Iguacu Falls.
Go to Sugar Loaf and Cristo Redentor.
Go to Copacabana Beach (you know what the blog title will be on that day, you gotta love Barry Manilow :)
Visit a favela.
Learn more about culture, class, and how people can effect change.
Pretty much anything else anyone suggests! 

School Things To See/Do:
Observe and interact with kids in classes of all levels and subjects.
Learn about afterschool programs, clubs and sports.
Visit public and private schools and learn about the differences.
Learn about how the education system is set up.
See how student success is measured.
Observe classes at different levels.
See what kind of technology is available to students.
See what lunch looks like at school.
Learn how students with special needs are educated.
See what administrators do in Brazilian schools.
Be a positive ambassador for the United States and Montana by representing them positively in presentations to students and/or other teachers. 
See how teachers and/or students impact education policy. 

In retrospect, those lists looks pretty comprehensive, but I will make my best effort to make the most out of this experience!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment