Saturday, February 6, 2016

January-Upside Down-Jack Johnson

I love when I get to visit classrooms and teachers are doing creative, innovative things that really require students to think.  Early in January I visited a math teacher who was introducing inversions by having students write their name in a way that read both upside down and right side up.




I was intrigued so had to try it myself.  Would it be easier in cursive or block letters?  Could I make it more interesting or artistic? I ended up needing graph paper and had to take it home to work on over the weekend.

And just when I was feeling good about my creation, the math teacher brought me an amazing example a student had made in leather!  When they're interested and engaged, students come up with amazing work.

No comments:

Post a Comment